From Page to Stage
The Shakespeare Collection is a new and innovative project from The Learning CIC taking the text from the page to the stage, drawing on the experience and skills of professional actors to bring the text to life.
Essential as an introduction to set texts as well as a valuable aid to revision and consolidation of existing learning. The Shakespeare Collection is a one hour interactive performance for up to 30 students. We can run up to four sessions a day and we cover a range of set texts for GCSE /A & AS levels. Presentations are also suitable for Key Stage 2 & 3 pupils.
- A quick and amusing precis of the story with an introduction to the main characters in 10 easy steps
- Key scenes performed followed by discussion & analysis
- Discussion and analysis of key features of Shakespeare’s language
- Drawing out the main themes of the play
- The opportunity to interview the actors “in character”
This has been and will be the most important revision you will ever get about this play
Gerald Fox and Dean Ramsden will lead the workshops. They are both professional actors and workshop leaders. Both are passionate about Shakespeare and are always keen to communicate a love for the Bard to audiences of all ages. Gerald and Dean are both full members of Equity and are CRB checked.
The Learning CIC are keen to promote this highly interactive approach to understanding Shakespeare.