Fran Perry went to Ning Bo and Hang Zhu in China in June 2013..弗朗西斯·佩里 英国教育顾问总裁
I was excited by what I saw in these thriving cities in China. For me there was a real optimism about the future, what it holds and the incredible level of economic development. I was also struck by the level of planning and direction there was in areas which had a clear idea of where they wanted to go..
Most of all I was struck with the real commitment there was to education. It is viewed as central to all development and families work tirelessly to make sure their children get the best education possible.
It is clear to me that Chinese children and young people will benefit hugely from what the Learning CIC has to offer. I am working hard with our teams to make sure the offer we have available is of the highest quality possible. Only the best is good enough.
With this in mind we are prepared to offer the following:
British Culture in China
A 4 week programme for students in China on Shakespeare and British Culture Targeted at students who are confident English speakers and those with some English this programme will include:
The Shakespeare Collection
An introduction to 2 or more of the following Shakespeare plays
The plays retold in 10 easy steps…
- Romeo and Juliet
- Julius Caesar
- Much Ado about Nothing
London… A walk around London… Enjoy the British Culture in London
A visit to the major sights and sounds of London which will include historical stops at:
- The Tower Of London
- Oxford Street shopping
- Shakespeare’s Globe
- The Houses of Parliament
- The National Gallery
Each stop will include film, drama, information sharing,
British Songs and Humour – Dramatic sessions where the songs and humour unique to the British tradition are performed and shared.
British Poetry – British Poetry… William Blake Keats, Wordsworth, Wilfred Owen. Modern poets including Carol Ann Duffy, Michael Rosen.
The Holiday Programme… Organisation
- A 4 week programme open to students who wish to learn and to improve their English
- Students will be in a fully English speaking environment with professional teachers from England and bilingual Chinese teachers
- Days will be full of activities which increase students knowledge, improve skills and support their educational attainment
- All weekly sessions will end with a presentation to parents and a DVD of the weeks activities
British Culture in England
The Learning CIC could also provide a similar provision to groups of students coming to England…in addition to the programme above it would include..
Joint activities with British students
Visits to British families, possible accommodation with those families as required
- London and the Houses of Parliament – meet and question a member of parliament
- London and the Globe theatre…Shakespearian theatre built like it was in the 16th Century…complete a workshop at the Globe
- London and Oxford St…shopping, shopping, shopping
- Cambridge – the heart of learning. Meet one of the Dons and find out about the history of the Colleges
- A woodland adventure centre – climbing and adventurous activities in a safe environments.
- Creative Arts centres – activities including visits to see important pieces of Art