Maltby Academy’s Learning Gains from Summer School 2014
Following another successful Summer School working with the bright individuals at Maltby Academy, we have received some wonderful feedback from the students and parents of those attending.
Harriet (our Mathematics specialist)
- Numeracy Skills (especially percentages)
- Creativity / Innovation
- Developmental ideas (Able to relate to real life and go buy and produce their product/ideas)
- Reflection on learning and of their progress and journey across the week.
Gerald (our Drama specialist)
- Practical art skills
- Co-operative working
- Story of Macbeth
- Enterprise skills
Sharron (our Art specialist)
- Culture – Yorkshire sculpture park, being exposed to artwork from various artists around the world.
- Trial and Error – Learning that you may need to keep trying if you don’t succeed at first. That is ok to think out loud and the your ideas can and will change and evolve.
- Long Term Gratification- making little steps towards something bigger.
- To negotiate and work as a team.
- Learning to be confidently creative, not worrying about what others think – self-assured.
Did your son or daughter attend our Summer School? Why not leave a comment below and let us know what your child learned from his/her experience.